St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church, opened as a mission chapel of St. Alban’s Parish, built its original red brick chapel in 1914 on Foxhall Road across from Greenwich Parkway. Due to a Foxhall Road widening project, the chapel was torn down and replaced in 1936 on the northeast corner of Greenwich Parkway and Foxhall Road. St. Patrick’s added a day school in 1956. In 1977, the school moved to its current location on Whitehaven Parkway, followed by the church in 1985.

No longer needing the old church, St. Patrick’s attempted to sell it to another religious community. After its efforts failed, it secured a zoning variance from the BZA allowing the construction of residential condominiums. The FCCA hired a public service lawyer to appeal the variance. The DC Court of Appeals reversed the grant of the variance in 1987. Read the court’s decision.

The property was subsequently sold to developers who built 11 townhouses, in two phases, consistent with the style of Foxhall Village.